Idea Collection

This forum is just to post ideas (mainly for games).


You are not connected. Please login or register

Character Creation

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Character Creation on Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:30 pm

Admin


Admin
First you select your character's species.
(1) Human
(2) Canidae
(3) Falidae
(4) Cervidae
(5) Accipitridae

Next select your gender and then appearance.  Appearance options are described in the species spoilers.  After you select an appearance, you create a name. Humans must have a first and last name while animals just have a first name.  Once all this is done, you're ready to go.
Humans:
Humans are at the top of the food chain and are omnivorous. Humans are the most intelligent and have the most resources at their disposal, yet it takes more effort for them to survive and reproduce. Humans require warm clothing to survive colder conditions, they move the slowest of the five species, they can climb and swim, and they can build weapons. Human creation options are as follows.

1. Head - Edit nose, ear, eye, mouth, head hair, and facial hair.
2. Body - Edit height, weight, muscle, and body hair.
3. Color - Edit skin, eye and hair color.
4. Scars - Give your character scars if you desire.
5. Paint - Give your character face and body paint if you desire.
Canidae:
The Canidae is a species that encompasses all canines. Canids are carnivorous and capable of swimming. Canidae creation options are as follows.

1. Head -Edit nose, ear, eye, mouth/teeth, and facial fur/whiskers.
2. Body - Edit height, weight, muscle, tail, and body fur.
3. Colors - Edit fur and eye colors.
Felidae:
The Felidae is a species that encompasses all felines. Felids are carnivorous and capable of swimming and climbing. Felidae creation options are as follows.

1. Head - Edit nose, ears, eyes, mouth/teeth, and facial fur/whiskers.
2. Body - Edit height, weight, muscle, tail, and body fur.
3. Colors - Edit fur and eye colors.
Cervidae:
The Cervidae is a species that encompasses all deer-like animals. Cervids are herbivorous and are capable of swimming. On average, Cervids move quicker than other species but need sufficient time to build up speed. Creation options for Cervids are as follows.

1. Head - Edit nose, ears, eyes, mouth, and antlers
2. Body - Edit height, weight, muscle, tail, and body fur.
3. Colors - Edit fur and eye colors.
Accipitridae:
Accipitridae is a species that encompasses all hawk-like animals.  These are the only playable birds in the game and are carnivores that are capable of swimming on the surface of the water.  Accipitridae creation options are as follows.

1. Head - Edit beak, eyes, and head feathers
2. Body - Edit height, weight, tail, and wings
3. Color - Edit beak and feather colors.

Aging
All characters age in the game and eventually die.  Characters go through several phases of life.

Humans: Baby (7 Days), Child (14 Days), Adult (28 Days), Elder (14 Days)
Animal: Baby (7 Days), Child (7 Days), Adult (28 Days)

Once the character's time runs out, the character will die.  If the character has no available descendants, the player can choose to reincarnate their character.  This effectively sets their character's age phase back to adult.  If the character does have available descendants, they can choose one of the descendants to continue as.  Information regarding descendants is described in the "Creating a Family" section below.

Creating a family
A significant aspect of Survival is not only living a full life, but producing descendants.  Characters are allowed to have children with other player characters in the game of the same species.  The appearance of the child is random but based on the appearance and qualities of the two parents. Once a parent character dies, the player must continue the game as one of their available descendants. Descendants must meet certain criteria to be considered "available." First, the descendant must at least be in the child phase. Baby phase descendants are not playable. Secondly, the descendant must be in the player's custody. Custody is described in the next section.  If a descendant is killed while not under the control of a player, that descendant will be dead forever.  This game involves keeping children alive at least long enough to be switched into at the end of one's life.  Descendants will stay with their custodian player until death and will only be active in the game when that player is logged on.

Descendant Custody
Because children can only be conceived through two individual player characters, each conceived child must be in the primary custody of one of the two parents.  Custody is done in several different ways.

1. A female character will automatically be in primary custody of her first child.
2. If a female has a second child with one male, the male will gain primary custody of the second child.
3. After the second child, players can do a game of rock paper scissors to determine who gets primary custody of further children.
4. If a female has a child with virgin male after already having children with another male, the virgin male will automatically get custody.
5. If a character has 5 or more children than their mate, the mate will automatically get primary custody.
6. If a female has twins, each parent will gain custody of one twin.

If one player gets primary custody, the other player gets secondary custody. Secondary custody means that, if one of the following conditions are met, the player will gain primary custody.

Condition 1: If the player with primary custody chooses to give up their primary custody of a descendant.

Condition 2: If the player with primary custody deletes their character or account.

Condition 3: If the player with primary custody has not logged on for the descendant's baby phase and child phase.

Descendants will automatically be logged in with their custodian player and must be fed and protected so that they survive.  The primary custodian gets to name the child.

Human females have a 25% chance of getting pregnant with every attempt and will carry their child for 2 weeks. Human females have a 90% chance of a single birth and a 10% chance of twins.

Canid and Felid females have a 50% chance of getting pregnant with every attempt and will carry their child for 2 weeks.  Canid and Felid females have a 50% chance of a single birth and a 50% chance of twins.

Cervidae females have a 60% chance of getting pregnant with every attempt and will carry their child for 2 weeks.  Cervidae females have a 90% chance of a single birth and a 10% chance of twins.

Accipitridae females have an 80% chance of getting pregnant with every attempt and will carry their eggs for 2 days.  The eggs will then remain unhatched for 1 week.  Accipitridae females have a 30% chance of laying 1 egg, a 40% chance of laying 2 eggs, a 20% chance of laying 3 eggs and a 10% chance of laying 4 eggs.

A female will have a miscarriage if killed more than 3 times during pregnancy.

View user profile http://ideacollection.forumotion.com

2 Re: Character Creation on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:03 pm

Admin


Admin
Humans on the lighter end of the pigment spectrum will start in the North. Humans on the Darker end of the pigment spectrum will start in the South.
Humans in the middle of the pigment spectrum will start in the Center.
Canids start in the North.
Felids start in the South.
Cervidae start in the Center.
Accipitridae start in random locations throughout the continent.

Humans on the lighter end of the pigment spectrum have a low tolerance for excessive heat.
Humans on the darker end of the pigment spectrum have a low tolerance for excessive cold.
Humans in the middle of the pigment spectrum have the same tolerance for both temperatures.
Canids have a low tolerance for heat.
Felids have a low tolerance for cold.
Cervidae have a low tolerance for heat.
Accipitridae can tolerate all temperatures better than other creatures.

View user profile http://ideacollection.forumotion.com

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum